Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Imagine the scene....


So, it's 6:45 am.  The alarm is going off, I'm hitting the snooze button and really enjoying how soft my socks feel on my feet.  And how soft our Christmas-present-from-mom sheets are. And C is occasionally kicking me and I roll her over.  And then I roll over. 

And then C throws up in our bed.  On our new sheets.  So I jump up.  Grab the trash can.  Hold her hair back.  Run for a washcloth.

There's a lull.  I put C in the tub (with nice, hot water, of course).  I go into C & H's room to get some clothes for C.  I see that H has no covers on.  So I grab a blanket and cover her.  Oh, something's wet on that blanket.  So I go around to the other side of the bed to get another blanket.  And what's that I spy??? Yes, you've got it --- vomit on the floor!!! ARhghghghghggh!!!!!!

She threw up in her sleep.  And never told me!!!! What a way to start the new year!!!

So.  Instead of going out for dinner like we thought, it appears that I'll be celebrating the new year by doing laundry.  Lots and lots of laundry.  Oh, and cleaning up nasty messes.  Ick!!  I hope this isn't a sign....  And we are nearly out of crackers.  The saltines are all.  The oyster crackers are all.  The graham crackers are all.  We're on our last sleeve of Ritz crackers.
Hoping you all don't get the bug, 

2 comments:

  1. So...I hope the year has improved for you :) Thank you for visiting and commenting on my Fitting Finesse post. I love the feedback. I didn't want to just jump in until I got a few other reviews. I don't know if you realize you are a "noreply" blogger. I was happy your blog name came up so I had a way to thank you for stopping in and commenting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too hope your year has improved since the 1st! Love the dresses you made for your girls. So sweet! I can only do that for my youngest three maybe four anymore these days. I used to love to sew them matching dresses.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete