Sunday, November 18, 2012

Finally done!

Well, it took four weeks to finish three more dresses, all matching G's.


O is really a bit too big for her dress, but it'll have to do.  I'm hoping to get to JCPenny this week and get family pictures done.  Then we can put the dress in "her" box in the attic.  

So, why did it take so long to get three dresses done?? We've been busy!
We visited a goat farm:



Visited family for a birthday party (and made a mess in someone else's kitchen!):


And helped make Christmas candy for church:


Next up, four colonial dresses -  to be made in three weeks.  I agreed to have the girls participate in a small, local, historical Christmas service....and then found out they'd need to be in colonial dress.  In three weeks.  That's four girls.  Four dresses, four caps/bonnets/whatevers.  

Please don't look at the house if you visit us! I won't be cleaning.  Please don't judge my homeschooling skills: we might do a unit study on sewing - hands-on, of course.  Please bring food if you come for dinner: I might not be cooking!  And we might go broke buying paper plates!  

The plan is to use Ottobre 3/2011 #26 - it looks rather simple.  I plan to just make them out of "colonial"-ish fabric, make them floor length, and make bonnets or caps (shower cap style, with lace).  Of course, I have to trace off four different sizes first.  And then cut them out and sew them.  And here  I sit.   Well, no longer! I'm off! (Of course, before I can trace them off, the kitchen table needs to be cleared.  And the dishes washed.  And supper thought about....)



1 comment:

  1. You did a good job on the dresses :) And if I were closer I'd help you with the colonial ones. I made those for me and Jetta a LONG time ago and it was fun. Trust you have a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete